commons-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@bluewin.ch>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] Problems with PUT and NTLM
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 22:11:21 GMT
Matthew,

I missed the fact that the server reported a 500 error, which actually
indicates an internal server error rather than an authentication error.
Still, the 'expect-continue' handshake may be worth a try

If Slide exposes the underlying HTTP PUT method you can activate the
'expect-continue' handshake by calling

httpput.setUseExpectHeader(true);

For details see

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/commons/httpclient/methods/ExpectContinueMethod.html#setUseExpectHeader(boolean)

You may also consider testing that HTTP PUT method using just plain
HttpClient with the wirelog turned on in order to get more details on
what is going on under the hood

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html

Hope this helps

Oleg