commons-user mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject [jxpath] Namespace problem with 1.2
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:20:21 GMT
Have been using version 1.1 to manipulate XML documents using a default
namespace without any problems, but 1.2 doesn't work with my code.

Here is a sample document:

<?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
<Configuration xmlns = "http://www.verticon.com/react2/schema">
      <URIObjectSource>
        <LDAP>
          <URIObjectDefinition implementation="flagpools"/>
        </LDAP>
      </URIObjectSource>
</Configuration>

With JXPath 1.1 I could use the a XPath "//LDAP" to get to the LDAP node
of this document, but with 1.2 I cannot.

For example:
JXPathContext context = JXPathContext.newContext(myDocument);
Object o = context.getValue("//LDAP");

JXPath 1.1 will return a value but 1.2 returns a null.

Any ideas how I can get 1.2 working?

John Conlon