commons-user mailing list archives

From Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <>
Subject RE: [FileUpload] character encoding problem (URGENT! PLZ HELP!)
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:44:34 GMT
In my JSP i put:

<c:set var="encoding" value="<%= System.getProperty("file.encoding",
"ISO-8859-1") %>"/>

and in the form:

      <form action='...'

I removed the <@page encoding...> because I don't know the encoding
adopted by ${encoding} variable.

Then, in the servlet I call, I used:

    Properties p = System.getProperties();
    fu.setHeaderEncoding(p.getProperty("file.encoding", "ISO-8859-1"));

that's only way worked fine for me.

Best regards,

Em Ter, 2004-08-10 às 11:26, Jérémie LOPEZ escreveu:
> > I have solved the problem seting the same character set as page encoding,
> form encoding and then setting setHeaderEncoding.
> Could you give me more details? (ok for the setHeaderEncoding, but what do
> you mean exactly with the page encoding and form encoding?)
> Btw, I installed Oleg's patch but it didn't solve my problem (guess it deals
> with another similar problem...).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message