commons-user mailing list archives

From Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <edson.rich...@mgrinformatica.com.br>
Subject RE: [FileUpload] character encoding problem (URGENT! PLZ HELP!)
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:44:34 GMT
In my JSP i put:

<c:set var="encoding" value="<%= System.getProperty("file.encoding",
"ISO-8859-1") %>"/>

charset=${encoding}">

and in the form:

      <form action='...'
            enctype='multipart/form-data'
            accept-charset='${encoding}'
            method='post'>

I removed the <@page encoding...> because I don't know the encoding
adopted by ${encoding} variable.

Then, in the servlet I call, I used:

    Properties p = System.getProperties();
    fu.setHeaderEncoding(p.getProperty("file.encoding", "ISO-8859-1"));

that's only way worked fine for me.

Best regards,

Richter