commons-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen Charles Huey" <stephenh...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: same instance of HttpClient seen as a different session withevery GET
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 01:35:42 GMT
Anytime you're accessing a URL that begins with HTTPS you're using SSL,
right?  I didn't set this up, but I'm pretty sure the URL I'm accessing
is behind SSL, and yes, I'm using the same HttpClient instance and just
creating a new GetMethod every time through my while loop.

----- Original message -----
From: "Oleg Kalnichevski" <olegk@bluewin.ch>
To: "Jakarta Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 23:26:03 +0200
Subject: Re: same instance of HttpClient seen as a different session
with       every GET

I checked my log info, it struck me that every time my program accessed
> the secure (HTTPS) URL it was page-scraping, a new session appeared to
> be opened on the server instead of the server identifying my HttpClient
> as being the same browser or whatever.

Stephen,

Just to make sure that I understand you right, are you talking about SSL
session or HTTP session? If the latter is the case, does your
application use a session cookie, and if so, do you use the same
HttpState instance for consecutive HTTP GETs?

Oleg