commons-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient-How to start to copy files from one server to another..please
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 14:35:31 GMT
You might look at commons-vfs to do this as well.  It uses HttpClient under the
covers (plus a few other dependencies).  It would probably keep you working at a
 higher level rather than having to deal with the lower level HTTP stuff.  The
ant tasks <v-copy>, <v-move>, etc... work quite nicely and make it all look like
a local copy because there is no different syntax for copying a file locally or
remotely.  It's all very transparent.  Check it out:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/vfs/
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-vfs/

Note:  I am not a VFS developer promoting the project.  It's just been very
useful to me.  I hope it gets moved out of the sandbox for an official release
sometime soon!

Jake