commons-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Beermann" <>
Subject [HttpClient] Problems with PUT and NTLM
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:45:17 GMT
I'm trying to do a PUT with NTLM turned on, and it fails on a 500 error from the server, which
in turn causes the console to report a "Unbuffered entity enclosing request can not be repeated"
error. Other commands though, like PROPFIND and MKCOL, go through the authentication steps
and work perfectly. I've attached a log showing the client/server conversation.

OlegK suggested that I should activate the expect-continue handshake on the HttpClient, which
might fix my problems, but I'm afraid I cannot figure out for the life of me how to do so.
I should mention that I'm working with HttpClient through Slide, and as such, I'm not interfacing
with HttpClient directly. (Which is to say, the Slide library is creating PutMethod instances,
not me.)

--Matthew Beermann
View raw message