commons-user mailing list archives

From "John Ferron" <johnfer...@alliantenergy.com>
Subject VALIDATOR commons dynamic referencing in XML
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:34:52 GMT
Hi,

I am working on a SWT/GUI (non-web based) application and I am looking
into using Validator for validation.  In looking into the examples and
source code, I noticed how you reference the actual values in the
validator-multipletest.xml
   <formset>
      <form    name="nameForm">
         <field    property="firstName"  depends="required">
         	     <arg0 key="nameForm.firstname.displayname"/>
         </field>
         <field    property="lastName"
         	   depends="required,int">
         	     <arg0 key="nameForm.lastname.displayname"/>
         </field>
      </form>
   </formset>
</form-validation>

or this example.
<field property="age" depends="isInt, checkRange">
     <arg0 key="nameForm.age" />
         <var>
	<var-name>max</var-name>
	<var-value>30</var-value>
         </var>
          <var>
	<var-name>min</var-name>
	<var-value>20</var-value>
</var>

One example is from the source found on the jakarta web site for the
commons validator zip file.  The bottom one is from a book from Apress
Publishing talking about using the Commons Validator.  What I would like
to do instead of hardcoding the value in the xml document, I want to
point to a JavaBean object and call a getMethod like getCurrentMax() and
check to see if it is within an absoluteMin and Max value.  I'm
wondering if this can be done.  Thanks.

John