commons-user mailing list archives

From Vic Cekvenich <cekvenich....@portalvu.com>
Subject Re: [chain] how to delegate to a command?
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 03:19:52 GMT
Craig McClanahan wrote:
In other words, I would tend to store the
> DAO instance as a context attribute under a well-known attribute name
> (through some discovery mechanism -- perhaps that is the part of the
> system you're really talking about in the above example?), and then
> execute a Chain that performs the correct business logic in the correct
> order, no matter which DAO is actually used.  Would that work?

The DAO Crud has to map to the UI "screens", so it's specific, and I
can't make it generic, I have to instacinte a DAO for that screen.(I
just use collections now w/o beans and have for a while) In any case,
there is a CoR use case for dispatching to somnething, if not DAO.
If so, one way is that there is an implementation where Command, Contex
and Catalog can get a handle to each other. (Which is what I did)

> By the way, use of a Catalog is totally optional -- there's no
> requirement (from Commons Chain) that a Command or Chain be stored in a
> Catalog.

I have to get the command by name, so Catalog seems easy.

.V