commons-user mailing list archives

From Vic Cekvenich <>
Subject Re: [chain] how to delegate to a command?
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:45:38 GMT

I am trying to do dispatching  with CoR (for a SoA/RiA with JDNC UI
using Hessian). And what I have works.
So my use case is that one of the properties in a context is what "DAO"
class to go to. ( I could use reflection but seems CoR would work).

So if my context is ("_dao", "MailDAOCmd") or ("_doa", "UserDAOCmd"),
1st I call the DispatchCommand that looks at the parm. In order to
"send" it to the right DAO to invoke, I need a handle to the Catalog
(becuase that is where the String names of the CMD are).

Then based on it, it calls the right DAO_CMD to process the request.
Just a dispatcher I guess.

Craig McClanahan wrote:
> Vic, it would be interesting to explore in more detail the use case you
> are thinking about, in order to determine whether Chain of
> Responsibility is the right pattern or not.  What did you have in mind?
> Craig

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message