commons-user mailing list archives

From Peter Nabbefeld <Peter.Nabbef...@gmx.de>
Subject [jexl][jelly] Weird syntax problem
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 16:50:34 GMT

Hello,

I've finally solved a bad syntax problem with jelly, which was caused by
an inconsistency between jelly and jexl:

Jelly accepts structured variable names, such as x.y.z. This is
absolutely comfortable to write complex scripts with many property
values - but that's only in Jelly. For evaluating expressions, Jelly
uses Jexl - and Jelly does not support structured variable names. But
I've also never got an error message from Jexl (okay, that might be an
issue from Maven). Just the tests didn't work correct.

I'd like to see it documented somewhere or - even better - changed in Jexl.

Kind regards

Peter Nabbefeld