commons-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject [configuration] Commons configuration questions WAS RE: Commons configuration questions
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:41:49 GMT
Unfortunantly getting to 1.0 has been slow..   The code has been in pretty
stable shape for over a year, and is used by a couple projects including
Turbine..   The build is designed to be done with Maven.  Since most of us
use Maven versus Ant, the build.xml tends to get out of date..

Not sure where you see the 1.3, it really should be 1.0-dev.   Emmanuel
Bourg has been doing a lot of work towards getting to 1.0, so it will be any
day now..  Maybe I should say "real soon now"..   At any rate, if you look
at the bug list, there are lots of enhancements, but only a couple bugs, and
they are pretty obscure "make it prettier" types..

I use [configuration] extensively in all my projects and it works like a
charm.  There won't be any api changes between now and 1.0, and really all
1.0 requires is us to say we are done and cut the darn thing..

I did blog once: http://jroller.com/page/dep4b/20040519 on why it is still
dev!

Lastly, make sure to preface your emails with [configuration] so that the
right people see your email!

Eric