commons-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Taylor" <rtay...@mulework.com>
Subject [commons-io] CopyUtils
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:51:53 GMT
Greetings, I would like to use CopyUtils.copy(InputStream is, OutpuStream os) to manually
server (read from input stream and write to output stream) up large binary files to web clients
(browsers).

After reading the documentation which indicates it does not flush the buffer in the method,
I'm concerned that this would result in OutOfMemoryErrors under large loads.

I was under the assumption that it would be prudent to flush the buffer after a certain number
of reads to reduce the amount of resident memory used.

Is there a another utility to perform such a common task?

robert