commons-user mailing list archives

From "JEAN REMI LECQ" <jrl...@easyvoyage.fr>
Subject Using HttpClient , have memory leak -> I am not sure process correctly released
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:34:28 GMT

Hi,

I m using commons-httpclient-2.0-rc3.

My application is used on the web and generate an interesting traffic.

But the application generate some important memory leak on my web servers. I
am not sure that MultiThreadedHttpClient release correctly all HttpClient !
In particular when HttpClient meets difficulties to make its socket
connection (I have some Exception like thoses).

I have read quickly the beta version about httpClient-3.0. It s seem taht
the managment of the CONNECTIONTIMEOUT and SO_TIMEOUT have changed. But
there are no info in the documentation.

Maybe someone have already test the same pb... Have someone information on
that ?

Thx

jr