commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rafael U. C. Afonso" <>
Subject [Collections] Add Object to Collection if not null
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 16:33:20 GMT

I was looking for a method that adds a object in a Collection
if this object is not null, but I did not find it in
Collections. I thought that this method would be useful in
CollectionUtils class. Is there a method like this? If it
does not exist I would like suggest this. It could be
implemented like this:

public static boolean addNotNull(Collection c, Object o) {
   return (o != null)? c.add(o): false;

Like Collection.add(Object) returns boolean, this method will
boolean too.
What is your opinion?

Rafael Ubiratam Clemente Afonso
Where is Debug?