commons-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew van der Voort" <>
Subject RE: [HttpClient] Can't even Post Data
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 23:29:45 GMT
OK, got diverted onto real work for awhile there...

I tried setting the content length header (though java streaming results in
a stream longer than the length of the data, I think). I also see that
StringRequestEntity supplies its length already so did nothing there to
mess with that in my StringObjectRequestEntity.

I have also tried the following instead of using a custom requet entity:
ByteArrayOutputStream os = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
ObjectOutputStream oos = new ObjectOutputStream( os );
oos.writeObject( myString );
method.setRequestEntity( new ByteArrayRequestEntity( os.toByteArray(),
"java-internal/java.lang.String" ) );

but I still get an EOFException at the server.

I don't know where to go from here with HttpClient. Surely it should be
easier than this...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message