commons-user mailing list archives

From "Terrance A. Snyder" <t.sny...@globalpayment.biz>
Subject RE: HttpClient - Send The Forms Name?
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2004 07:28:40 GMT
Can you recommend a traffic analyzer to install or some program that would
allow me to do such a thing? I am running Windows 2000 Prof. and the latest
version of IE.

Best Regards,
Terrance A. Snyder
www.globalpayment.biz
Director Of Engineering and Technology
Land: 813-907-3875
Mobile: 813-973-0806
Sms: 8139730806@tmomail.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@bluewin.ch]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 2:22 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: HttpClient - Send The Forms Name?

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 22:58, Terrance A. Snyder wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	I have been having problems trying to find some way that I can simulate a
> form post that includes the form name in the header/post. Example:
>
> <form action="xxxxxxxx" name="monkey" method="post">
>
> 	I can pass the correct form parameters over to the server its just that
the
> code on the backend looks at the form name in someway (authenticate.cfm).
> have tested in a browser that without the "name" parameter the page
doesn't
> allow access.
>
> 	Can I simulate and post my data WITH the name defined someplace.... even
if
> I have to go to raw ports I am willing to do this... i looked up the RFC
and
> it doesn't seem much help in how the server gets the <form name="xxxxx"
...>
> Can this be done with httpClient?

Terrance,
'Name' does not appear to be a standard parameter of the HTML FROM tag.
What browser do you use to render that page? IE?

I am afraid the only option that you have to capture the HTTP request
sent by the browser using a traffic analyzer or an HTTP proxy. Knowing
exactly what kind of request the server expects it should be possible to
mimic the same behaviour using HttpClient

Oleg