commons-user mailing list archives

From "Terrance A. Snyder" <t.sny...@globalpayment.biz>
Subject HttpClient - Send The Forms Name?
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 20:58:12 GMT
Hello,

	I have been having problems trying to find some way that I can simulate a
form post that includes the form name in the header/post. Example:

<form action="xxxxxxxx" name="monkey" method="post">

	I can pass the correct form parameters over to the server its just that the
code on the backend looks at the form name in someway (authenticate.cfm). I
have tested in a browser that without the "name" parameter the page doesn't
allow access.

	Can I simulate and post my data WITH the name defined someplace.... even if
I have to go to raw ports I am willing to do this... i looked up the RFC and
it doesn't seem much help in how the server gets the <form name="xxxxx" ...>
Can this be done with httpClient?

Best Regards,
Terrance A. Snyder
www.globalpayment.biz