commons-user mailing list archives

From "Shaun Laws" <shaunl...@hotmail.com>
Subject LogConfigurationException using Junit and Digester
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:24:09 GMT
I keep getting a LogConfigurationException whenever I make the call:

Digester digester = new Digester()

I stripped out my code to the point where the following minimal code
produces the exception:

package com.webcredenza.util.paymentprocessor.test;
import org.apache.commons.digester.Digester;
import junit.framework.*;

public class JunitTest extends TestCase {

	public void testFactoryCCConfigFileNoProcessor() {
		try {
			Digester digester = new Digester();
		}
		catch (Exception ex)
		{
			ex.printStackTrace();
		}
	}

	public static Test suite() {
		TestSuite suite = new TestSuite(JunitTest.class);
		return suite;
	}

		junit.swingui.TestRunner.run(JunitTest.class);
	}
}

A snippet of the stack trace showing the call made by the JUnit framework to
the test method and the subsequent call to the Digester constructor:

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader
hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed. (Caused by
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader
hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.) (Caused by
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader
hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed. (Caused by
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader
hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.))
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:543)
	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:235)
	at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:370)
	at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.<init>(Digester.java:346)
	at
com.webcredenza.util.paymentprocessor.test.JunitTest.testFactoryCCConfigFileNoProcessor(JunitTest.java:9)

Has anyone out there seen this problem before. I'd be grateful for any
suggestions as to how to avoid it.

Many thanks,
Shaun Laws