commons-user mailing list archives

From Koon Yue Lam <kisst...@gmail.com>
Subject [Net.NNTP] character encoding problem
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2004 03:41:55 GMT
Hi, I am rather new in Net.NNTP and now I hava a question

I use the commons.net.io.DotTerminatedMessageReader.Read() method to
read the post content fethch from newsserver. If the content is in
English, no problem, everything just fine.
However if the content's encoding UTF-8 / Big5, all character read
have change to "???", especially Chinese character.

I take a look at the source code and seems there are no option for me
to choose a character encoding for the Reader, which unlike
InputSteamReader() for me to choose the encoding.

So how can I read UTF-8  / Big5 content??

Any help will be appreciated

Regards