commons-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lamothe <chrislamo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Configuration] - Binaries not available to download?
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 03:19:52 GMT
I got the same compile error but didn't have the chance to investigate
it.  I noticed that the ant process fetched most dependencies on its
own and just assumed I didn't have the Commons Collections library.
So looks like we're both in the same boat.

Perhaps someone can answer wether there was ever a binary available
for this.  According to the site it is beyond 1.0 ... is 1.0 reliable,
or am I better off with the nightly builds?  I just don't understand
why it would be part of the Commons Proper if there isn't even a
binary :-)

Sometimes I miss the old days where you'd see an "under construction"
animated gif :-P

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:31:49 -0700, Craig McClanahan
<craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:
> Chris Lamothe wrote:
>
> >Hi, first time user, long time fan.
> >
> >I just went to grab Commons Configuration for a project and noticed
> >there wasn't any binaries available for download.  Any particular
> >reason?
> >
> >In the meantime I'm compiling a nightly build (as soon as I work my
> >way down the list of dependencies.
> >
> >Regards,
> >

> I'd be happy to provide nightly builds for [configuration] as I do for
> lots of other Commons and Commons Sandbox projects.  However, for that
> to happen I need a build.xml file for which "ant clean dist" works
> correctly.  Unfortunately, with the build.xml that is currently checked
> in, I get compile errors trying to find the class
> "org.apache.commons.collections.map.LinkedMap", so the build fails.
>
> Craig

Christopher Lamothe
http://www.furtivecode.com