commons-user mailing list archives

From Jason Lea <ja...@kumachan.net.nz>
Subject [jelly] disable escaping of < and >
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 02:27:58 GMT

I am having some trouble with having characters xml encoded in my jelly
script.

I am trying to generate an XHTML web page, which I send as email.  Here
is the jelly file::|

<?xml version="1.0"?>
   <j:jelly trim="false" xmlns:j="jelly:core">
    <![CDATA[
    ]]>
        <head>
        <title>foo</title>
    </head>
   </j:jelly>|

Which gives this output

|&lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"&gt;
        <head>
||        <title>foo</title>
    </head>

|I have tried using <j:set> with escape set to false.  This sets a
variable, but I need the text to be output as a string, so writing out
the variable ends up escaping the < & > characters again.

I get the output as a stream which I put into a string and attach to the
email message.  I suppose I could cheat and have the doctype prepended
to the string and not included in the jelly script, but that would be
crummy.

Any ideas?  Am I doing something stupid?

--
Jason Lea