commons-user mailing list archives

From Jason Lea <>
Subject [jelly] disable escaping of < and >
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 02:27:58 GMT

I am having some trouble with having characters xml encoded in my jelly

I am trying to generate an XHTML web page, which I send as email.  Here
is the jelly file::|

<?xml version="1.0"?>
   <j:jelly trim="false" xmlns:j="jelly:core">

Which gives this output
|&lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
||        <title>foo</title>

|I have tried using <j:set> with escape set to false.  This sets a
variable, but I need the text to be output as a string, so writing out
the variable ends up escaping the < & > characters again.

I get the output as a stream which I put into a string and attach to the
email message.  I suppose I could cheat and have the doctype prepended
to the string and not included in the jelly script, but that would be

Any ideas?  Am I doing something stupid?

Jason Lea

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message