commons-user mailing list archives

From Jason Lea <ja...@kumachan.net.nz>
Subject Re: [Jelly] Using without a file or url
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:12:16 GMT
Tim Reilly wrote:

>I don't want to take away from your question;
>
>but I was curious if you considered using Velocity
>http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/
>http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2003/12/16/velocity.html
>for your email templating, instead?

No, I hadn't.  Having a quick look now though.  I was looking for
something that did JSTL-style code, and my 30 second glance at velocity
just now shows it uses a different style.  Keeping it consistent between
my existing Struts/Tiles/JSP pages and templates would be nice.  I was
really hoping I could have grabbed some sort of JSP processor from
Tomcat and passed it the stuff I wanted evaluated.