commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <heg...@med.uni-marburg.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] Can't get it to work properly
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 05:53:27 GMT
Hello Marty,

usage of ConfigurationXMLDocument is quite problematic ATM because there
have been changes on other classes which brake this class. If you build
[configuration] from the actual CVS sources, you will see that the unit
tests for ConfigurationXMLDocument fail.

Currently there is no easy solution for this problem. AFAIK it is planed
that ConfigurationXMLDocument won't be part of the 1.0 release of
[configuration] (which will come very soon hopefully). After that some
refactoring and redesign will be performed which solve the problems.
(Can somebody else confirm this or correct me?)

What could help you with your actual problem is the following: If you
have only one XML configuration file you have to process, you can load
it directly using HierarchicalXMLConfiguration (and don't use
ConfigurationFactory). If you then create a ConfigurationXMLDocument
from this configuration, the resulting XML document will probably keep
its structure and can be processed by Digester.

Oliver

Marty Phee wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting the Configuration to work.  As you can see below it
> isn't reading the xml file properly.  Everything is getting jumbled up.
>
> If I use Digester by itself it works fine.
>
> I copied most of this from the sample files and the website.
>
> Create configuration.
> configFactory = new configurationFactory();
> configFactory.setConfigurationURL(...);
> configDoc = new ConfigurationXMLDocument(configFactory.getconfiguration());
>
> Instantiate the digester object.
> Digester digester  = new
> digester(configDoc.createXMLReader("LeakDetector.ConcurrentListeners"));
>

> Configuration file.
> <configuration>
>     <additional>
>         <hierarchicalXml fileName="leakdetectordebug.xml" at="LeakDetector"/>
>     </additional>
> </configuration>
>

> Original file leakdetectordebug.xml.
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <LeakDetector>
>     <ConcurrentListeners>
>         <ConcurrentListener>
>             <Port>5000</Port>
>             <LeakListeners>
>                 <LeakListener>
>                     <TopicName>q_atmos_slc1</TopicName>
>                     <TopicOwner>leak</TopicOwner>
>                     <SubscriberName>LeakDetector</SubscriberName>
>                     <UserId>xxxxx</UserId>
>                     <Password>xxxxxx</Password>
> 		    <dbUrl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@x.x.x.x:1521:xxxxxxx</dbUrl>
>                 </LeakListener>
>                 <LeakListener>
>                     <TopicName>q_atmos_slc2</TopicName>
>                     <TopicOwner>leak</TopicOwner>
>                     <SubscriberName>LeakDetector</SubscriberName>
>                     <UserId>xxxx</UserId>
>                     <Password>xxxxxxx</Password>
> 		   <dbUrl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@x.x.x.x:1521:xxxxxxx</dbUrl>
>                 </LeakListener>
>             </LeakListeners>
>         </ConcurrentListener>
>     </ConcurrentListeners>
> </LeakDetector>
>
> File from ConfigurationXMLDocument.write
>
> ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <config>
>   <LeakDetector>
>     <ConcurrentListeners>
>       <ConcurrentListener>
>         <LeakListeners>
>           <LeakListener>
>             <dbUrl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@x.x.x.x:1521:pdlocal</dbUrl>
>             <dbUrl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@x.x.x.x:1521:pdlocal</dbUrl>
>             <TopicName>q_atmos_slc1</TopicName>
>             <TopicName>q_atmos_slc2</TopicName>
>           </LeakListener>
>         </LeakListeners>
>         <Port>5000</Port>
>         <LeakListeners>
>           <LeakListener>
>             <Password>xxxx</Password>
>             <Password>xxxxx</Password>
>             <TopicOwner>leak</TopicOwner>
>             <TopicOwner>leak</TopicOwner>
>             <UserId>xxxxx</UserId>
>             <UserId>xxxxx</UserId>
>             <SubscriberName>LeakDetector</SubscriberName>
>             <SubscriberName>LeakDetector</SubscriberName>
>           </LeakListener>
> [...]

Dipl.-Inform. Oliver Heger
Zentrale Informationsverarbeitung (ZIV) / Bereich Anwenderverfahren
Klinikum der Philipps-Universit├Ąt Marburg
Bunsenstra├če 3,
D-35037 Marburg
Tel: +49 6421 28-66592
mailto:oliver.heger@med.uni-marburg.de