commons-user mailing list archives

From Jason Lea <ja...@kumachan.net.nz>
Subject [Jelly] Using without a file or url
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 05:28:15 GMT
(oops! didn't mean to hijack that other thread, hope this starts a new one)

I am new to Jelly.  I just started looking for something to allow me to
make some templates for HTML email, and Jelly looks great.

I have an idea to store some template fragments in a database, pull them
out, combine them into the completed script then execute Jelly over it.
However Jelly seems to only have the facilities to open files or URLs.
It doesn't look like I can pass it a string containing my jelly template
and execute the script.

Is this the case?  or is there a way to do it?

I imagine I could write my template to a temp file, execute the script
on that, then delete the file - but that seems clumsy.

--
Jason Lea