commons-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Pool: GenericObjectPool evict
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:49:18 GMT
I would like to keep the current behaviour and add a new
parameter/option for the new feature/behaviour.

softMinEvictableIdleTimeMillis: The minimum amount of time an object
may sit idle in the pool before it is eligable for eviction by the
idle object evictor (if any), with the extra condition that at least
"minIdle" amount of object remain in the pool.

This way you can do both, a soft and a hard idle timeout.
(and be backwards compatible with the current behaviour)

A fix/patch is appriciated. You can send it here or on the commons-dev
mailing list to discuss. Final version is best attached to a bugzilla
issue. If you also provide a testcase then the patch will go in faster.

Thanks
Dirk