commons-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Pool: GenericObjectPool evict
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:25:20 GMT
The feature you describe is currently not available.
The evic thread currently has currently 3 functions:
- remove invalid objects (failing validation test)
- remove old objects (to prevent timeouts)
- ensure minimum capacity

You ask for something new. Slowly reduce the number of objects until
the minimum is reached. This can be usefull in some cases, I imagine...

A note on the pool wiki or a bugzilla enhancement issue will make sure
we remember this. A patch will help even more ;-)

-- Dirk