commons-user mailing list archives

From Bill Keese <bi...@tech.beacon-it.co.jp>
Subject [digester] Re: parsing xmlrpc message
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 00:46:18 GMT

> My difficulty is that I believe I need some kind of recursive
> pattern-matching capability
> in order to properly handle the general case.

Like Robert said, you may have to use ExtendedBaseRules
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/digester/apidocs/org/apache/commons/digester/ExtendedBaseRules.html)

But from your description, I suspect that you can get what you want
from the standard digester configuration, by using tail match.  The
pattern "*/xyz" will match element xyz regardless of how many levels of
nesting there are.  From the manual:

/Tail Match/ - A pattern "*/a/b" matches a |<b>| element, nested inside
an |<a>| element, no matter how deeply the pair is nested.

Are you asking for something more complicated than that?

Bill