commons-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: digester
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:34:48 GMT
Farzad Kohantorabi wrote:

>Hi List,
>
>I have following code written to parse a simple xml to my java objects:
>
>Digester digester = new Digester(
>SAXParserFactory.newInstance().newSAXParser() );
>
>digester.setValidating( false );
>
>digester.push( rootSection );
>
>digester.addObjectCreate( "*/node", OrderSection.class.getName() );
>digester.addSetProperties( "*/node" );
>digester.addSetNext( "*/node", "addChild" );
>
>digester.parse( in );
>

>And this code works perfectly but I have problem running it on WebSphere
>application server. I have deployed my code on other servers like OC4J
>and it works fine. I don't know what goes wrong with WAS. I have to add
>that it does not throw any exceptions. It just does not set the the
>attributes.
>
>TIA,
>Farzad.

One possibility is that WAS has a version of Digester already in the
classpath for your application -- possiby a different version than the
one you are using.  Try deploying the app without commons-digester.jar
in the /WEB-INF/lib directory and see what happens.

Failing that, you can tune the logging detail level for digester (which
uses commons-logging under the covers) to display detailed information
about what it is actually doing.  The logger name to set a debug level
for is "org.apache.commons.digester.Digester" for the basic parsing
messages (which is probably all you'll need).

Craig McClanahan