commons-user mailing list archives

From Damian Minkov <dam...@space-comm.com>
Subject [DBCP] Encoding Problem
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 08:27:47 GMT
I'm using  Tomcat 4.1.30 on Debian machine.
Version of DBCP -
	libcommons-dbcp-java_1.0-4_all.deb

Have a web application in which I'm using Hibernate.
But when I have configured  to use DBCP for connections which Hibernate
uses
I have problem with encoding ( for retrieving data and for inserting
data in mysql )
but with hibernate using direct connecting there is no problem.

I'm using connection parameters for mysql :
characterEncoding=UTF-8
useUnicode=true

there are set in Hibernate config ( when I try with hibernate direct
connecting to DB)

And described for DBCP
	<parameter>
		<name>characterEncoding</name>
         	<value>UTF-8</value>
	</parameter>
	<parameter>
		<name>useUnicode</name>
		<value>true</value>
	</parameter>

I've also tried putting parameters in the Connection URL
jdbc:mysql://10.1.1.2/nadia?useUnicode=true;characterEncoding=UTF-8