commons-user mailing list archives

From <Joe.B...@cox.com>
Subject FTP reconnects with empty files transferred
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 15:31:23 GMT
I have a problem that I was hoping someone could help me with.

I am connecting to Windows NT FTP server and trying to download some large media files.  I
am connecting and using passive mode.  While trying to download the files occasionally I will
get an IOException which I handle and then reconnect trying to pick up where I left off.
The problem that I am seeing is that when it reconnects all of files I receive are all 0 bytes.
  I have tried to correct this by switching between active and passive mode and by both using
and not using a proxy. I was wondering if anyone else has seen anything similar to this or
has an idea on what I could to correct this.

Any help would be appreciated...