commons-user mailing list archives

From Simone Pierazzini <s.pierazz...@metaware.it>
Subject [collections]
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:39:13 GMT
hi all,
I looked for a Java quad-tree implementation but I didn't find any free (ie.
open source) or compatible with the JDK Collections Framework.
So I decided to develop one myself.
I've developed a Map extension: this Map is a specialized version whose keys
are Point (java.awt.Point). Basically it is a standard Map that contains an
extra method to retrieve all entries contained in a Rectangle passed as a
parameter to the method:
The Syntax for the new Method is:

  Iterator get (Rectangle r);

I've developed a quad-tree based implementation, and a junit test case (not
completed yet).
My question is: are you interested in including these classes in
commons-collections?

thanks,
Simone Pierazzini