commons-user mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: VALIDATOR commons dynamic referencing in XML
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:28:45 GMT
No, validator does not support pulling min/max values from an object.  But
the nice thing about commons-validator is that it doesn't take much work
to write your own reusable validation action that supports your custom use
cases.  Basically, you just write a validation method that uses <var-name>
and <var-value> values to get the bean's method name to call and configure
your validation method in validation.xml as a <validator>.

David