commons-user mailing list archives

From Kees Jongenburger <ke...@dds.nl>
Subject Re: Using HttpClient , have memory leak -> I am not sure process correctly released
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 16:26:26 GMT
On Thursday 08 July 2004 15:34, JEAN REMI LECQ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I m using commons-httpclient-2.0-rc3.
>
> My application is used on the web and generate an interesting traffic.
>
> But the application generate some important memory leak on my web servers.
Is the client taking the memory or the server you connect to?
do you alway's call the
method.getResponseBody();
and
method.releaseConnection();
after a request?

> I am not sure that MultiThreadedHttpClient release correctly all HttpClient
> ! In particular when HttpClient meets difficulties to make its socket
> connection (I have some Exception like thoses).
Excptions I get look like this
IOException:Already used, but not recycled.

> I have read quickly the beta version about httpClient-3.0. It s seem taht
> the managment of the CONNECTIONTIMEOUT and SO_TIMEOUT have changed. But
> there are no info in the documentation.

The problem I have found is that it's not possible to configure the time
to wait for a server response. (the client wait's for 4 minutes before sending
a. Can not connect:Connection timed out.

> Maybe someone have already test the same pb... Have someone information on
> that ?
lots of problems but can you be more specific about your problem, maybe
actualy include the "strang exception"?

greetings