commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] Question re Sample Code for MultipartStream class (what is OutputStream output for?)
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 21:01:48 GMT
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:14:58 -0700, Thomas Joseph Olaes
<contact@olaes.net> wrote:
> Craig,
>
> Thank you for your reply, this has cleared things up somewhat for me.
>
> List,
>
> I wonder if there are any sites out there that I haven't come across yet
> that will give me a few hints on how to get a text file upload working
> on a JSP script. I'm only 3 days into working with JSPs, but I have
> experience with ColdFusion and PHP which apparently tend to do a lot of
> stuff for you behind the scenes, including file upload.

Another way of saying what Craig said is "don't do that". ;-) You
should not be trying to handle multipart uploads from a JSP page with
*any* package that you come across - you should be using a servlet for
that instead. Otherwise you're likely to land yourself in trouble. All
you need is a little servlet that wraps up FileUpload, and you'll be
all set.

--
Martin Cooper