commons-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject [VFS] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/oro/text/regex/MalformedPatternException
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:01:33 GMT

With recent builds of commons-vfs, there seems to be a dependency on
jakarta-oro.      The curious thing is that it only seems to happen when I copy
a file from an FTP site such as...

<vfs:v-copy
src="ftp://ftp.exolab.org/pub/castor/castor_0.9.5.3/castor-0.9.5.3.tgz"
destfile="${dependenciesdir}/aFile" overwrite="true"/>

If I do this from an http site, there are no issues.  Here's the error....

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/oro/text/regex/MalformedPatternException

I guess I don't have a problem with the dependency if it is needed, but it
should be listed on the download page along with the other listed dependencies.
 See:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/vfs/download.html

Jake