commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: [Digester] basic usage problem. Help me understand the stack.
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 02:19:06 GMT
On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 14:06, Rich Coco wrote:
> I'd like to do this with *one* Digester servlet,
> not one specialized Digester servlet per xmlrpc method.
> (the latter would not be hard to do. why am i making htis hard on myself?
> Hmmmmm...)

Maybe you should look at the xmlrules module, where the parsing rules
can be defined in an xml-format config file?

This way, you can have a single "servlet", and instantiate a digester
using whichever xmlrules config file is appropriate for the input
message.

This is equivalent to having a bunch of different classes to do the
parsing, except that you can handle new structures by adding config
files instead of classes.

Note, however, that I still think your original problem can be handled
by a single set of rules.

Regards,

Simon