commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: [Digester] basic usage problem. Help me understand the stack.
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 23:48:49 GMT
On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 09:15, Dan Tarkenton wrote:
> Hello, I've used Digester a few times in the past with much success.
> Mostly, I've parsed XML documents and simply grabbed the attributes,
> and not the body text.  I was looking through the documentation at
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/digester/api/ the digester package
> specifically.  When I came across the example of parsing the web.xml
> file to grab body text.  I figured, hey, this should be easy.
>
> I have an xml document that has several elements named Part.  I
> essentially want to parse the XML document and create a collection of
> Parts.  Simple, right?  Well, I'm embarrased to say I can't figure out
> why I only get one Part object in my resulting Hashtable when I run
> the Digester.  And I can't figure out why only the first Part element
> in my document is the one that shows up.  So I figure i'm not parsing
> recursively or something.

You may wish to have a look at the code in the "examples" directory in
CVS. These examples cover many of the basic tasks Digester can be used
for.

In particular, the "addressbook" and "catalog" examples may be useful.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/digester/src/examples/api/

Regards,

Simon