commons-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@bluewin.ch>
Subject Re: Using HttpClient , have memory leak -> I am not sure process correctly released
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 21:23:34 GMT
On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 15:34, JEAN REMI LECQ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I m using commons-httpclient-2.0-rc3.
>
> My application is used on the web and generate an interesting traffic.
>
> But the application generate some important memory leak on my web servers. I
> am not sure that MultiThreadedHttpClient release correctly all HttpClient !
> In particular when HttpClient meets difficulties to make its socket
> connection (I have some Exception like thoses).
>
> I have read quickly the beta version about httpClient-3.0. It s seem taht
> the managment of the CONNECTIONTIMEOUT and SO_TIMEOUT have changed. But
> there are no info in the documentation.

Jean Remi,

HttpClient has not reached BETA yet. It's still in the ALPHA development
stage and we are not ready yet to freeze the API.

Many things have been significantly improved in HttpClient 3.0. We are
currently working on the documentation for the next release (3.0 alpha2)

As to your problem we need more specific details to be of any meaningful
help.

* How exactly do you measure the memory consumption by the Java virtual
machine?

* What's your platform?

* What's your <strong>exact</strong> JRE/JDK version (including
revision)?

* Exactly what kind of exceptions are you getting?

Oleg