commons-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@bluewin.ch>
Subject Re: HttpClient - Send The Forms Name?
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 21:22:08 GMT
On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 22:58, Terrance A. Snyder wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	I have been having problems trying to find some way that I can simulate a
> form post that includes the form name in the header/post. Example:
>
> <form action="xxxxxxxx" name="monkey" method="post">
>
> 	I can pass the correct form parameters over to the server its just that the
> code on the backend looks at the form name in someway (authenticate.cfm). I
> have tested in a browser that without the "name" parameter the page doesn't
> allow access.
>
> 	Can I simulate and post my data WITH the name defined someplace.... even if
> I have to go to raw ports I am willing to do this... i looked up the RFC and
> it doesn't seem much help in how the server gets the <form name="xxxxx" ...>
> Can this be done with httpClient?

Terrance,
'Name' does not appear to be a standard parameter of the HTML FROM tag.
What browser do you use to render that page? IE?

I am afraid the only option that you have to capture the HTTP request
sent by the browser using a traffic analyzer or an HTTP proxy. Knowing
exactly what kind of request the server expects it should be possible to
mimic the same behaviour using HttpClient

Oleg