commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Cash" <Rob.C...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject Re: [Digester] Create an object using parent attribute
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:51:11 GMT

"Bill Keese" <billk@tech.beacon-it.co.jp> wrote in message
news:40DB6DA1.9020205@tech.beacon-it.co.jp...

> >I'm trying to figure out how I can create an [child] object using a parent
attribute
> >value as the className for the child. Here's a sample XML snipet:
> >
> ><parent childClass="mypackage.childClass">
> >   <child attribute1="value1" attribute2="value2"/>
> >   <child attribute1="value3" attribute2="value4"/>
> ></parent>
> >
> I thought that typically ObjectCreationFactory only looks at the
> attributes of the element currently being processed, but I suppose you
> could design one that looked at the value of the top element on the
> stack. Alternately you could pipe your XML through XSLT to transform it
> into something more digester-friendly.

Yeah, I supposed the alternative would be something like this:

<parent>
   <child className="mypackage.childClass" attribute1="value1"
attribute2="value2"/>
   <child className="mypackage.childClass" attribute1="value3"
attribute2="value4"/>
</parent>

Then i could use the className attribute of the current object on the stack to
create each child object. I would still have to create my own
ObjectCreationFactory, though, to use the attribute className as the name of the
class to use when instantiating the object, right? I didn't see a
Digester.addObjectCreate() method that would work.

Cheers,
Rob