commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ashish Naik" <ashi...@mahindrabt.com>
Subject RE: configuring Logging
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:06:05 GMT

Its not a web application. I donot understand how the properties are set
e.g. log4j.configuration=log4j.properties as mentioned in the user guide. Is
it to configure Log4J?

Cheers,
Ashish Naik

-----Original Message-----
From: Jose Antonio Perez Testa [mailto:japtesta@indra.es]
Sent: 02 June 2004 16:59
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: configuring Logging

Hi Ashish,
If it is a WebApp, both log4j and commons-logging jars must be in
WEB-INF/lib

Ashish Naik wrote:

>I am not able to understand how to confifigure Log4J for Commons logging
>API.
>
>I have added log4j.jar to my classpath. How do I set
>log4j.configuration=log4j.properties
>
>I am refering to Logging User Guide at
>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/guide.html
>

>Cheers,
>Ashish Naik

>Disclaimer:
>
>This message (including any attachments) contains
>confidential information intended for a specific
>individual and purpose, and is protected by law.
>If you are not the intended recipient, you should
>any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
>message, or the taking of any action based on it,
>is strictly prohibited.

>Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com

---------------------------------------
Este correo electrsnico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo,
contiene informacisn de caracter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su
destinatario o destinatarios. Queda prohibida su divulgacisn, copia o
distribucisn a terceros sin la previa autorizacisn escrita de Indra. En el
caso de haber recibido este correo electrsnico por error, se ruega notificar
inmediatamente esta circunstancia mediante reenvmo a la direccisn
electrsnica del remitente.

The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and
solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). You are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication
is prohibited without the prior written consent of Indra. If you have
received this communication in error, please, notify the sender by reply
e-mail

Disclaimer:

is strictly prohibited.