commons-user mailing list archives

From Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] Can't even Post Data
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:55:55 GMT
Hi Andrew,

I believe the problem occurs because you are setting the content type.
PostMethod.addParameter() form URL encodes the given value and includes
it in the post body.  For this to work correctly it needs to set the
content type accordingly.  Since you are setting the content type
manually HttpClient assumes you are doing it correctly and does not
overwrite it.  My guess is that if you don't set the content type, all
will be well.

Mike