commons-user mailing list archives

From "Hudalla Kai (QI/SES2) *" <Kai.Huda...@de.bosch.com>
Subject [betwixt] populating a Map
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:15:15 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to create a Bean from a .betwixt XML file that has a java.util.Map property which
I would like to populate. However, I am totally stuck. My JavaBean looks like this:

public class BitVectorField extends MdoField
{
	private Map bitValues = new HashMap();

	public void addBitValue(String key, String value)
	{
		bitValues.put(key, Integer.valueOf(value));
	}

	public Map getBitValues()
	{
		return bitValues;
	}
}

My BitVectorField.betwixt file looks like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
<info>
<element name='BitVectorField'>
	<attribute name='name' property='name' />
	<element name="ValueMapping" property="bitValues"/>
	<addDefaults />
</element>
</info>

When I try to create an instance of BitVectorField using the following XML file, the bitValues
Map does not get populated.

<?xml version='1.0' ?>
<BitVectorField name="reportingDomains">
	<ValueMapping>
		<key>headquarter</key>
		<value>1</value>
  	</ValueMapping>
	<ValueMapping>
		<key>others</key>
		<value>2</value>
  	</ValueMapping>
</BitVectorField>

I have set the log level to "DEBUG" to see what is happening, but the only thing I was able
to find out is that betwixt cannot find an updater for the bitValues property.

Any ideas?

Yours,
Kai Hudalla

Robert Bosch GmbH, QI/SES2,
Postfach 300220, 70442 Stuttgart
Tel. 0711/811-32309
Fax. 0711/811-265915
--
Two OS engineers facing a petri net chart:
     "dead lock in four moves!"