commons-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Cuka" <Nathan.C...@MeridianIQ.com>
Subject RE: [DBCP] java.sql.SQLException: Refcursor value is invalid
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 20:31:54 GMT
Hello All,

I am trying to track down the reasons for a SQLException that we are
seeing when DBCP sets the connection to be readonly:

java.sql.SQLException: Refcursor value is invalid
            at
oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
            at
oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)
            at
oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:1159)
            at
oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTCStatement.<init>(TTCStatement.java:42)
            at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.open(TTC7Protocol.java:590)
            at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.open(OracleStatement.java:556)
            at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.
java:2778)
            at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedS
tatement.java:608)
            at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStateme
nt.java:684)
            at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.setReadOnly(OracleConnection.java:15
46)
            at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection.setReadOnly(DelegatingConne
ction.java:245)
            at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection.setReadOnly(DelegatingConne
ction.java:245)
            at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.activateObject(Poolabl
eConnectionFactory.java:272)
            at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjec
tPool.java:757)
            at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.AbandonedObjectPool.borrowObject(Unknown Source)
            at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDriver.connect(PoolingDriver.java:147)
            at
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
            at
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:194)
            .
            .
            .

We are using jdk1.1.3_07 with a 1.1-dev version of DBCP (according to
the MANIFEST file) on solaris with Oracle 9.2.0.4 (JDBC driver is
9.2.0.3).  I'm a little stumped about why the setReadOnly() method may
be causing this and wondering if anyone has encountered any similar
issues.  We could upgrade our version of course (since apparently 1.2 is
now out :) but without knowing the cause of the error, I would like to
avoid the "upgrade and pray" approach.

Any input or suggestions appreciated.  TIA.

Regards,

Nathan