commons-user mailing list archives

From "Xaviour, Joseph \(Research, Consultant\)" <>
Subject Commons-Net : How to find whether a Connection is valid ?
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 04:20:30 GMT
Hi all,

This is my first mail in this group.

I have a question in Commons-Net, which follows:

I have created a Connection to an FTP Server and done certain processes successfully and I
 keep that Connection without disconnecting for later use. But after certain time, I found
as that Connection is no more valid to make any operation in the FTP Server, and it throws
Exception, (FTPConnectionClosedException or or sometimes other exception).
But even at this stage, isConnected() method returns true, and getReplyCode() method doesn't
give the current status code.

My question is, which attribute or which function will help me to find whether a FTP Connection
is still valid for a Operation or not ?.

Thanks in advance.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message