commons-user mailing list archives

From "Lloyd Boucher" <Lloyd.Bouc...@mavent.com>
Subject JXPath: W3C DOM, createPath(), and createPathAndSetValue()
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 00:09:06 GMT
Hello.

Does anyone have sample source code for adding elements to a W3C DOM in
JXPathContext?

I am getting the following exception when I try to add an "Author" child
element to a "Books" root element of a DOM:

org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Exception trying to create
xpath /Books/Author; Factory could not create a child node for path:
/Books[1]/Author[1]

      at
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.createPathAndSet
Value(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:433)

      at
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.createPathAndSet
Value(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:421)

I have a Java source code that extends from AbstractFactory and
implements the createObject(...) method shown below:

    public boolean createObject(JXPathContext jxPathContext, Pointer
pointer, Object parent, String name, int index) {

        return true;

    }

It looks like JXPath does not even reach my implementation when the
above exception is raised.

However, I can invoke jxPathContext.getValue(xPath) and
jxPathContext.setValue(xPath, testValue) succesfully.

Thank you.

Lloyd R. Boucher

Sr. Software Engineer
Mavent

The information contained in this email message is confidential and proprietary and is intended
only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above.  If
you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  This communication
is for information purposes only, its content is not intended to and does not constitute legal
advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. The accuracy, completeness, adequacy
or currency of the content of this email is not warranted or guaranteed.  This email transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. All information is subject to change without
notice