commons-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste REURE <jbre...@allette.com.au>
Subject [JXPath] function name() with attribute nodes.
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 06:33:39 GMT
Hi,

Just wondering if the JXPath mailing list is still alive. Well if it is,
I have a question.
I'm trying to point to certain attributes in my xml data using the
following xpath:
   element/@*[name()!='attribute']
This should retrieve all attributes of the element called "element" but
the attribute called "attribute", if i'm not mistaken. However, this is
not the case, all attributes are returned, even the "attribute" one.
I tried to play around a bit and I realised that the xpath:
   element/@attribute[name()!='attribute']
would also return the attribute "attribute". But the xpath:
   element/@*[string()!='value']
where "value" is the value of the attribute "attribute" does work
(attribute "attribute" is not retrieved).
My conclusion was then that the method name() for attribute was not
working in JXPath 1.1.
Is it a bug or simply not implemented yet?

Thanks,

Jean-Baptiste REURE.