commons-user mailing list archives

From Bill Keese <bi...@tech.beacon-it.co.jp>
Subject Re: [Digester] Create an object using parent attribute
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:11:13 GMT

>I'm trying to figure out how I can create an [child] object using a parent attribute
>value as the className for the child. Here's a sample XML snipet:
>
><parent childClass="mypackage.childClass">
>   <child attribute1="value1" attribute2="value2"/>
>   <child attribute1="value3" attribute2="value4"/>
></parent>

I thought that typically ObjectCreationFactory only looks at the
attributes of the element currently being processed, but I suppose you
could design one that looked at the value of the top element on the
stack. Alternately you could pipe your XML through XSLT to transform it
into something more digester-friendly.