commons-user mailing list archives

From José Antonio Pérez Testa <japte...@indra.es>
Subject Re: Setting up an appender for specific packages in Log4j.
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:02:54 GMT
In that case you only  need two appenders and the set the additivity of
the two categories to false. Try with that:

# Appender number 1
log4j.category.com.foo.bar.mycategory=debug,APPENDER_1
log4j.additivity.com.foo.bar.mycategory=false
log4j.appender.APPENDER_1=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.APPENDER_1=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.APPENDER_1.File=${logs_path}/myFile_1.log
log4j.appender.APPENDER_1.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.APPENDER_1.MaxBackupIndex=1
log4j.appender.APPENDER_1.MaxFileSize=10MB
log4j.appender.APPENDER_1.layout.ConversionPattern=%t %d  [%5p %c] - %m%n

# Appender number 1
log4j.category.com.foo.other.my_other_category=debug,APPENDER_2

log4j.additivity.com.foo.other.my_other_category=false

log4j.appender.APPENDER_2=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender

log4j.appender.APPENDER_2=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender

log4j.appender.APPENDER_2.File=${logs_path}/myFile_2.log

log4j.appender.APPENDER_2.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.APPENDER_2.MaxBackupIndex=1

log4j.appender.APPENDER_2.MaxFileSize=10MB

log4j.appender.APPENDER_2.layout.ConversionPattern=%t %d  [%5p %c] - %m%n