commons-user mailing list archives

From Markus Krogemann <markus.krogem...@cologne-systems.de>
Subject [dbcp] limitation on size of varchar in conjunction with sybase?
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:15:22 GMT
Dear list

I am having trouble with a PoolingDriver implementation in conjunction
with sybase (ASE 12.5, jconnect 5.5) and dbcp 1.1.
I know that in order to successfully read varchars with lengths greater
than 255, i need to set a property in the jconnect driver like this:

sybdriver.setVersion(com.sybase.jdbcx.SybDriver.VERSION_LATEST)

This works ok when i don't use a db pool but just a single "hand-made"
connection.

However, when i use a PoolingDriver implementation i can only get 255
chars from a varchar that contains more than 255 chars. Is there any
limitation in PoolingDriver that could cause that? I know, it's
unlikely, but i thought i'd ask before looking much further. Could it be
that the setVersion call stays without effect in the presence of
PoolingDriver?

Also: Have other readers had similar problems and - better still - a
solution?

Best regards,
Markus